Meeting notes January 13
Thanks to Alison and David for taking notes for the January Meeting
- Introductions, hand outs, and sign up sheet passed around.
- Joe Rubin spoke on plot plan expansion with diagram about how expanded bed can be utilized.
- Misty gave an overview of garden work with a slide show and an overview of garden work this upcoming season
- An overview of grant opportunities for funding garden coordinators. Chelsea Collaborative Grant writer specified a good fit for grant application for upcoming season.
- Brainstorm session for solutions to two questions : How to develop more participation in the garden ; and how to better to bridge language barriers in the garden? Ideas were listed and an email of them will be sent of them to garden members to be discussed and voted on for priority action.
- Misty reviewed the meeting agenda and returned to it giving attention to guidelines, rules, and applications for returning gardeners and early registration for spring entry keys. $5 deposit for keys and new locks mentioned.
- Open discussion:
- Senior Discount discussed.
- Special City Council meeting for presentations of district 8 candidates for appointment will be Wednesday Jan.20 at 630pm. David Rudolph asked for support.
- Misty mentioned Gardeners Gathering invite March 20 at Northeastern University.
- Seed packet forms to be filled out and passed in.
- Soil conditions in and outside the garden beds were discussed because of proximity to pollution sources and soil testing costs could be included in grant mentioned.
- Inquiry of workshops, gardener’s childcare, and other agenda items were discussed.
- Heather asked for interviews about her food security and sustainability thesis.
- Charcoll is considering to include Chelsea community garden on 2010 Artwalk.